Do you want to stick it to The-Food-Man? Heritage Foods USA has been doing so for the past ten years, and is now looking for some new blood to manage the Heritage Meat Shop at the historic Essex Street Market.
We’ve been around since before meat was cool, since before fat was king and since before farmers were rock stars. In fact, we made meat cool, we crowned fat and we discovered those stars. Now, ten years later, we still have the best pork, beef and poultry on the market, and that’s because we haven’t changed a thing. Week in and week out, we honor hand shake agreements with over 40 independent family farms that really know what they are doing.
The Heritage Meat Shop is the face for Heritage Foods USA and our farmers, linking the farmers to concerned customers and allowing us to do our meat-creative work (e.g. our own charcuterie line, testing new farms, trying new cuts). Most of all, the shop is a place where people come to learn about the food they eat, and the system in which they play an integral role.
We’re looking for someone to manage our Essex Street Market Location, as well as shape and develop a sustainable food destination. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise 4-5 Hourly Employees
• Communicate with the Partners the needs of the shop
• Maintain inventory of supplies and products reorder/adjust standing orders as necessary
• Monitor and ensure accuracy of cash register, daily sales and inventory
• Maintain appearance and cleanliness of retail space including keeping with state and city codes
• Usher in new business and plan for growth
• Research and suggest new products
• Prepare deposits
• Ensure highest level of customer service
• Butcher, sell and inform customers on different cuts of meat
• Decide specials
• Excellent Interpersonal and customer service skills
• Must be organized, detail- oriented, punctual and reliable
• Knowledge of butchery and cuts of Pork, Beef, Chicken, Goat, Lamb etc.
• Food Handler’s certificate and knowledge of proper health and sanitation guide lines
Days / Nights / Weekends
1 Year of Experience Required